The Alzheimer’s/Dementia Rotarian Action Group is working towards achieving the following:
To support clubs and districts in planning and implementing large scale projects that seek to address Alzheimer’s and dementia through the challenging dimensions of:
- Patient care;
- Disease prevention;
- Care giver, patient, and community support;
- Research towards a cure and new methods of care and prevention;
- Patient, family, and community education and awareness; and,
- Collaboration with local, regional, national, and international organizations working with Alzheimer’s and dementia.
To encourage Rotary clubs and districts to increase awareness and undertake projects that impact directly population impacted by Alzheimer’s and dementia through four main foci:
- Projects that raise awareness of the human and economic impact that Alzheimer’s and dementia has on our communities and families;
- Projects that seek to aid and support those in our communities impacted by Alzheimer’s and dementia;
- Projects that seek to raise funding for the scientific research leading to the cure and /or the prevention of Alzheimer’s and dementia; and,
- Projects would include those that promote education on Alzheimer’s and dementia, and access to family support and palliative care.
Lastly, ADRAG will support and encourage networking and collaboration between Rotary clubs and districts and the many organizations in our communities and nations that share similar goals.